Covid 19 Updated Mitigation Plan
Our COVID 19 Mitigation Plan is based on the recommendations of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Fairfax County Health Department, Virginia Department of Health and the Arlington Diocese Office of Catholic Schools. We follow layered prevention strategies to decrease the transmission of Covid-19 for a smooth operation of our school. Bishop Burbidge encourages a plan that is consistent with the guidance that the Virginia Department of Education has disseminated.
This plan will be evaluated frequently and can change at any time.
The option of virtual learning will be offered only:
- In case of emergency in consultation with the principal
- Quarantining because of illness
- During school wide closures
Masking: Masks are not required in the school building except during isolation as specified in the VDH update. Any individual who wishes to continue to mask, including those who face higher risk from COVID-19, may do so as an option. Including those who face higher risk from COVID-19. Masking is never recommended in these settings while the individual is eating, drinking, sleeping, or for children under the age of 2.
Ventilation: In addition to air purifiers, we have installed the Cold Plasma Generators (Phenomenal Aire) in both the buildings for better and sanitized air flow.
Cleaning: The school will continue with additional cleaning and sanitization.
- Signs will be posted in highly visible locations (e.g., school entrances, restrooms) that promote everyday protective measures and describe how to stop the spread of germs.
- Staff and families will be notified of school closures and any restrictions in place to limit COVID-19 exposure (e.g., limited hours of operation).
- All emails and phone calls from employees and families, regarding illness absences will be documented with symptoms.
- Daily health checks (Symptom checking of staff and students) will be conducted before entry into the building.
- An isolation room/area will be designated for staff and students who have COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive but does not show any symptoms.
- In accordance with state and local laws and regulations, school administrators will notify local health officials, staff, and families immediately of any case of COVID-19 while maintaining confidentiality in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.