Nurse – Mrs. Jarvis
Preventing The Spread Of Germs
It’s often difficult to keep everyone healthy, especially during these winter months. Here are two health tips that will help to keep the germs away and sickness down.
A. Good Hand Washing Techniques
* Wet your hands with warm running water.
* Add soap, then rub your hands together making a lather. Do this away from the running water for at least 20 seconds being careful not to wash the lather away. Wash the front and back of your hands as well as between your fingers and under your nails.
* Rinse your hands well under warm running water. Let the water run back into the sink, not down to your elbows.
* Dry hands thoroughly with a clean towel. Then turn off the water with a clean paper towel.
* If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
B. Proper Ways to Cover your Cough- (according to the CDC)
* Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then put tissue in a wastebasket.
* If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
* Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds, as stated above.
Let us strive for a healthy winter!
Mrs. Jarvis, RN